The Semester 2 workshop are for students who have attended and completed SALP semester 1 for the past four months. This second workshop is to practice and inculcate the already learned theory lessons into practical activities. It will be a dynamic, holistic and experiential training program that ignites the dormant talents of your child.
This is a highly innovative and activity-based study workshop. In this work shop we incorporate two set of skills - learning skills and life skills. We teach new learning techniques to improve the student’s academic capabilities and life skills to boost your child’s morale towards education. These life skills also allow your child’s natural and positive characteristics to blossom from within. Well-researched and practically proven methodologies for study and living skills are introduced to students in a fun-filled and inspiring atmosphere. This environment is extremely conducive for transforming behavioral patterns and attitudes.
In this workshop we also involve the parents to understand the fundamentals of the program. They’ll become ‘Mentor’ to provide effective coaching or follow-up and support for the young participants. This is to consolidate and inculcate SALP practices in daily living as part of an on-going learning process. Parents are also able to communicate with the tutors directly about their child's progress and also deepen their understanding about this SALP program.
WHY STUDENTS MUST ATTEND THIS PROGRAM?
‘Learn while you play’ is the theme of this program. Psychologists have discovered that children learn much better and retain information far longer when learning is conducted in a positive and enjoyable environment. We achieve this in a practical manner through working with a child’s natural inclination to explore boundaries.
The aim of the workshop is to recap and carry out all practical activities that been taught in Semester 1 lessons.
Besides that, this workshop concentrate on upcoming semester course lesson where students will learn and expose themselves to new MYSO learning skills.
OUR WORKSHOP CONCEPT
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, but if you teach him to fish he can feed himself for life”. – Lao Tzu
Instead of simply giving information (fish) to your child, we impart on them the ability to search out and acquire information on their own in a way that will last a lifetime. ‘We teach them to fish’.
Students will be able to enhance their Physical, Mental, Emotional and Intuitional (PMEI) intelligence and capabilities to develop a strong and well-rounded personality.
- Students will develop an effective mind set to enable them to become independent, self-initiated and resourceful.
- Students will be able to gain confidence in themselves and boost their morale.
- Students will understand the importance of food and diet, Oscioyoga exercises and other basic necessity of a healthier lifestyle.
THE ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED
Our activities constantly keep students occupied, alert and constantly flowing with a carefully formulated program agenda. However, sufficient rest periods will be given so that they can be alert and focused at all times. There will be high level of discipline and participants will be closely monitored, so as parents you can be rest assured of your child’s well-being.
- PMEI Evaluation tests, seminar sessions, role-playing, learning skills workshops, physical training and more.
- Special ‘Oscioyoga’ exercises designed to activate all 10 body systems that can harmonize the Physical, Mental and Emotional Attributes.
- Parent-Child workshop session on the final day to brief the parents of the activities conducted and necessary follow-up actions.
However, unlike the first semester workshop, the second workshop focuses more on sharpening their study techniques and also to motivate them further.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
- Students who have attended and completed MYSO's SALP Semester 1 program.
- Students who need rest and recreation coupled with new learning ideas to improve their studies.
- Those in need of new learning techniques to improve their grades.
- Students who are facing exams who need and stress relief.
- Students having physical, mental and emotion blocks or problems.
HOW IS SMARTREND WORKSHOP DIFFERENT FROM OTHER EXISTING WORKSHOPS?
Unlike other study workshops, we involve kids with innovative games with the objective to inculcate positive learning mind set and also innovative learning techniques acquired through years of research. Most workshops focus on their student's academic progress while we provide a wholesome learning environment for both learning and living skills.